Monday, May 9, 2011

Running...More accurately!

Long time blog readers know that I run with my iPod and the Nike+ chip. The chip estimates your miles, calories, and pace by calculating from elapsed time based on a calibration (by running a set milelage).  The system is decent, but needs to be recalibrated often.  I usually map my runs using the Nike+ mapping software and use that as my official milelage.

Yesterday I became the proud new owner of this!

Happy Mother's Day to me!  Now I can more accurately gauge my distance, pace, and calories.  Now I can run trails without estimating.  WOO HOO!  The best part is that it if you ever lose the GPS signal, it "back-fills" with the ipod chip measurement.  Technology at it's best. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is very cool and could be used for walkers and bikers too. Looks like an excellent Mom's day gift.