Saturday, March 19, 2011

9 miles, a smile, and a product review...

Friday's weather was perfect! I escaped for a 9 miler and felt really great afterwards. In fact, you couldn't wipe the smile off my face all day. Nothing hurt post run...and the miles really came easy.  That's my kind of day.  I will head out for 4 tomorrow to bring my weekly total to 17 miles.  My 10 mile race is just around the corner (see race schedule at right).

The kind folks at Tostitos gave me a free coupon for their new Artisan Recipe chips.  All I needed to do was let you guys know what I think of them.  I picked the garlic & blackbean.  Our whole family dug in and here are the comments;

ARL (age 9):  Yumm, these are good
JAL (age 6):  I am not eating these...I hate black beans.  You can't make me, Mom.  (watch everyone else dig in).  Hmmm...these chips are good.  Really good.  And, I don't even like black beans.
ML (age over 40):  Good...but I like my Doritos better.  Disclaimer:  The man can eat a whole bag in one sitting...he is quite the fan.
Me (age 36):  Better than plain tortilla chips...not too salty. You can definitely taste that there is more than just corn in the chips.  I would buy them again for sure.

Check them out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the run and I have always wanted to try those chips. Your review is a success. Hope you guys are having a fun weekend. PS you need to write into the Orman show and tell her that your kids know more about money markets than 95% of americans... Cute story and blogworthy