Saturday, November 6, 2010

Free to Breathe TOMORROW!!

The Philadelphia Free To Breathe 5k is tomorrow!  This is how my whole running career began!  With a simple google of "walks for lung cancer".  Who knew it would turn me into a runner??  This race will be my second year on the planning committee and running it.  Last year I was recovering from bronchitis and got a 31:33.  Not bad for a sickie.  I hope to come in somewhere in the 28s tomorrow. 


A lot of people say their life changes after they lose a loved one.  For me, that would be a huge understatement.  My Dad has motivated and inspired me so many times since he's passed.  I've created a product as a result of his passing.  I'm pursuing a dream in bringing this product to the market to help folks celebrate and remember their loved ones.  I've become a runner whose completed two 1/2 marathons.  Every run provides a quiet time to reflect on my wonderful memories of my Dad.

Life is short.  Seize each day and make a difference. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Andrea, hope your run went great and congrats on your year anniversary! Love that your going forward with your business as a tribute to your Dad.