Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why can't I stay on my 'effin feet?

I fell again. Yes, again. This is the third time I have fallen on a run. The first was the worst...remember the nasty spill this summer (see injury report here).  The second time was during the last 1/2 marathon I ran on halloween.  This fall was totally explainable because we were on a rocky trail covered by fallen leaves.  There is no excuse for the third one that happened this weekend when I was out on a 6.5 mile run with my friend Wayne.  I just tripped.   Damn, I'm a klutz.

We had a great weekend in Baltimore with our friends Wayne and Michelle.  Thankfully, not nearly as eventful as our last visit (see Putting it in Perspective).  We ate (Michelle is a great cook), drank (a lot) and just relaxed.  The kids played great together.   I got in two nice runs...they live in a hilly area so I really appreciated the challenge (despite Saturday's fall).  Coupled with my 11 miler on Thursday, I estimate I did 20 miles in 4 days!

Back to work, back to school, and back to reality.  Only a few more days until Thanksgiving.  Fall really does fly by.

No comments: