Friday, April 16, 2010

As if I need more stress in my life...

You all know I work full time.  I also volunteer for Lung Cancer (which is becoming more time consuming as we plan our November Free To Breathe race) and I've got the entrepreuneur thing going on.  FYI..my product concept is still in innovations testing.  Yes, I'm dying to know how it is going.

Anyway...I'm busy.  I don't have time to figure out what I'm going to do with my kids during a strike.  I don't want my kids going to school to June 30 (which is by law the last day they can go).  If the strike lasts for 8 days, they will be in until 6/30. 

The teachers demands are not outrageous.  No raise this year, 2% in years 2 and 3, and 2.5% in years 4 & 5.  Seems reasonable to me.  They have been working w/o a contract since September, so I can't even be mad at them for striking.  I don't like the board's "spin" of the numbers on their website. 

Can't we just figure this out and leave the kids in school where they belong??


No comments: