Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Injury report

You know it is never good with a post title like that...


I went out for my 7 mile run this morning.  About a mile and a half into it, I tripped and fell on the sidewalk of a pretty busy road.  The sidewalk was uneven and my shoe caught and I just bit it.  My left side of my body took the injuries...
 
4 skinned knuckles, bruised and swollen wrist, & a bruised and swollen cheekbone/black eye.  The worst of it is my mouth/lips.  My tooth tore a gash in the inside of my upper lip.  My mouth is swollen and no longer symmetrical.  It's pretty ugly when I look in the mirror.
 
What pisses me off is that 3 cars drove by and did not stop.  I understand it's rush hour and you have to get to work, but please...you just saw a runner face plant the sidewalk.  Have a heart, will you??
 
The fourth car stopped, she offered me a ride home or a cell phone.  I said I was OK and started running again.  Up ahead a few blocks, I stopped another runner and asked her how bad I looked.  She said there was blood coming from my mouth and asked me to check to make sure I had all my teeth.  She offered to get me home to her house to clean up.  I thought I would be OK, so I continued my run and just cut off the last extension mile in my neighborhood to take the run down to 6 miles.
 
It hurts to smile.  It crushes my ego to look in the mirror and see the nasty shiner under my eye.  
 
I'm going to drown my sorrows in a bag of pretzel M&Ms.  Have you tried them...they are quite good.

1 comment:

PeopleontheStreet said...

Pure badass, sans the pretzels. You must be married to a former Marine!