Hope you are hungry! We opted for the 6 course Chef's tasting menu at the Fountain Restaurant with the wine pairing. As promised, here's a pictorial journey of what we indulged in:
- Savory Lobster Galette w/ Broccoli Rabe, Shellfish Reduction, Meyer Lemon Beurre Blanc, Paddle Fish Caviar paired with a French Champagne from 2007
- Sauteed Alaskan Halibut Cheek w/Fava Bean Tartare Crouton and Bouillabaisse sauce paired with an Italian White from 2006
- Roasted Virginian Squab Breast w/candied Tokyo Turnips, Creamed Black Trumpet Mushrooms and a Green Peppercorn Jus paired with a Pinot Noir from France from 1999
- Grilled Aged Sirloin Medallion w/Potato Gratin, Wilted Spinach, and natural Beef Reduction paired with a French Bordeaux from 2006
- Mimolette Cheese w/Apple Tarte Tatin and Nutmeg paired with a 10 year old Tawny Port from Portugal
Ooops...we forgot to take a picture of this course!
- Banana Chocolate Turnovers w/Butter Pecan Ice Cream paired with an Australian Semillon from 2007