Saturday, June 11, 2011

Logging the wet miles

Thunderstorms likely this morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. High 78F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

For once, the weather man had it right.  I clearly should've taken his warning more seriously before starting out on my 12 mile run this morning.  

I wish I had a camera to show you what I ran in and what I looked like when I finished.  Sadly, I only got 6 miles in.  This is two weeks in a row where I missed my long run (remember I was sick last weekend).  

I am wondering when the wrinkles will disappear from my poor feet.  The sloshing of the shoes was just not pleasant.  Another annoyance was the stinging eyes.  The rain, mixed with sweat, really stung.  Of course, the dripping, heavy clothes were no fun either.

What's your worst annoyance when you run in rain?



1 comment:

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

At that temperature, I would probably welcome the rain. I would not, however, run in thunderstorms, unless I had already started and was just coming back with no choice. The thing that worries me the most is getting blisters for a long run in wet shoes. I've been lucky - I put bodyglide on my feet - this helps tremendously especially when it's raining out.