Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Fourth Father's day without him...






Today is a hard day.  I will try to stay upbeat and happy for my husband (I don't want to be a downer on his special day) and for the kids.  

My Dad was strong, humble, quiet, smart, and loving.  He taught me how to fish, how to drive, and constantly reinforced key qualities like respect and discipline.  My parents inspired a work ethic in me that continues to be a driving force in my life.  Neither my Mom or Dad went to college.  They wanted better for their two girls and instilled values and morals in both of us that serve us well.  My sister earned her Ph.D. and I have a Masters degree and two undergraduate degrees. Both my sister and I graduated summa cum laude.

My Dad loved coffee, country music, camping, hunting, fishing, crosswords, and most of all, his family.  I will forever treasure all of our wonderful family memories.  He was a wonderful Pop Pop to my kids.

If he only knew that I started a whole company in his honor and memory.  Talk about leaving a legacy...

Lighting my candle in celebration and remembrance...


No comments: