Saturday, June 25, 2011

Not so happy.

I have not run in 1 week. Do you have any idea what this is doing to me? I'm grumpy, miserable and sad. I was doing so well on my training program. Actually, my training hadn't even kicked off yet. I was up to 12 miles pre-training program kick off. And now I likely have a tendon tear.  Lovely.  Just freakin' lovely.

So, here's what I have been doing...riding a stationary bike, icing, arms + abs, icing, yoga, icing, leg exercises in the pool, icing, foam rolling, (get the idea)?  Lots of strength and stretching exercises for the muscles around the knee to help that baby heal.  The bad part about all the icing is that I usually have a glass of wine to help improve my "not so happy" mindset right now.  The other thing that sucks is without the high calorie burn runs my body is used to, I have had to be so on point with my diet.  No cheating because I ran 8 miles in the AM.  Talk about a double dose of unhappiness.  No running and No chocolate???

On a positive note, I have figured out that if I climb the stairs on my tip toes (on the right side), I can avoid knee pain.  I have not figured out a technique for coming down the stairs pain free. 

2 comments:

Mama Hen said...

This past week has been one that I slacked off also. My right knee is a real pain and I have been a bit lazy. I plan on getting back on track this week though. Thank you so much for the beautiful candle! It is wonderful! I will right about it this week. I hope you did well over Father's Day. It can be very difficult. I had a hard day yesterday taking a drive down memory lane. I miss my Dad a lot! I hope you feel better and perhaps this week will be a better motivational week for us both to keep moving! Have a great day! Thank you again my friend!

Mama Hen

Unknown said...

Oh no, I hate those injuries - which is why I can no longer run. Hope it heals quick