Thursday, June 30, 2011

I ran a 1/2 mile today!

I never thought I would be so excited by a 1/2 mile...but when you are injured, it's baby steps coming back!

I had a great PT appointment.  My therapist took the time to really figure out what the issue is and to understand my goals.  Turns out nothing was actually torn...it was just strained from my hip turning inwards, weak hammies + glutes, and my foot turning outward.  The knee was (literally and figuratively) caught in the middle.  Consider wringing out a wet towel....the knee was in the middle of two things going in opposite directions.  Make sense?

I have a whole bunch of exercises and stretches to do.  I'm going to be such a good patient to get me back out there.  I can run 1 mile tomorrow and 2 on Sunday if I'm pain free.

Off to do my lunges....

No comments: