Sunday, June 6, 2010

11 miles in 2 days

So, this morning I broke my cardinal rule of running:  never run 2 back to back days. I firmly believe in giving your body time to recover. I do cross train on the off days (recumbent bike, walk, etc.), but I never run two days in a row.

A whole bunch of friends were heading to Lake Galina (Peace Valley Park) to do the 6 mile loop.  I haven't run there yet and have been wanting to try it.  I felt good after yesterday's 5 so I set my alarm for 5:15 this morning to run with them.  We did 6 miles in 1:07.

So far, I'm feeling a bit stiff, but it's manageable.  I figured I better get my run in today since I'll be partying it up at the Borgata in AC for the next few days.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by! Congrats on running 2 days in a row. I think it is generally okay as long as you make sure to get your rest in and don't increase your mileage too much for the week. Have fun at the Borgata!

Denise said...

Oh, I wish you would have said hi!!! Were you running with David and Jeff? That was my second 18 for the weekend...I hate running at Peace Valley park but thankfully today it didn't bother me so much!!

Are you local? Not sure if you run with NWRC on Tues nights.