Sunday, August 1, 2010

1/2 way done! And a special welcome to my newest follower!

I've reached the 1/2 way point in my 1/2 marathon training and am so psyched!  The last few weeks have been brutal with heat and humidity and my running times were decreasing.  I was getting discouraged.  My coaches told me not to fret that once the heat broke I would be amazed at how well I do.

SO....here's a point of comparison:

Last Saturday:  9 miles, 1:48, heat index 110, walked twice, 5 water bottles
This Saturday:  9 miles, 1:33, high 60s, ran the whole thing, 2 water bottles

15 minutes quicker...AMAZING!!  That is exactly the motivation I need to get me through the back half of this program.

My week:
Monday-off
Tuesday-4.9, 52 min
Wednesday-6.7, 1:10
Thursday-35 min wii fit yoga and strength
Friday-off
Saturday- 9 miles, 1:33
Sunday-3 miles, 30'28", 8X100 striders at end

A big special welcome to my newest official follower...He's been a lurker for quite some time (which I never knew).  At dinner last night, he promised to officially sign on as a follower.  Thanks EDO!  Now, let's get our oldest off to sunday school where they can learn morals and ethics, instead of focusing their dramatic energy on bribery and theft.  Wink, wink.  Hope you all had a good time last night.  Let's do it again soon. 

No comments: