Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 9 Done! Almost there...

So, I have to admit, I'm getting a little cocky.  I felt so great after last week's 10 mile run that I decided to throw caution to the wind and run 12 miles this weekend.  The training plan called for another 10 mile run.  I rationalized that if I can do 10 with such stamina and endurance, what's 2 more??

I felt great the first 6 (lap 1).  We finished in 1 hour 4 minutes.  I popped a nuun in my bottle, refilled, and off we went for lap 2.   I felt great up until about 10.5 miles.  The last mile to mile and a half really kicked my butt!  Finish time for lap 2 was 1 hour 8 minutes.  Overall, I was pleased with the run and my time.  I was really pleased at my recovery.  I was feeling great within 3 hours.  I will definitely do 12 again this week!

The week in review:
Monday-off
Tuesday-7 miles, 1:17 with striders at end (total 8 miles)
Wednesday-6.3 miles, 1:10
Thursday-bike, arms, abs, and legs
Friday-off
Saturday-12 miles, 2:12
Sunday-3 miles, 29 minutes



No comments: